In the Ottawa area many positions are held by workers in IT jobs and Government Jobs. Approximately 80,000 people are employed in high-tech careers.
Among the IT and high-tech employers based in the area are Nortel, Corel, Mitel, Cognos and JDS Uniphase, Adobe Systems, Bell Canada, IBM Alcatel-Lucent and Hewlett-Packard.
As the capital city of Canada, many federal government jobs are based in Ottawa. Public Service of Canada is Ottawa’s largest employer providing employment to more than 100,000 people. There is also a very strong business services sector, including the many hotels and restaurants that support the large numbers of government offices and workers based in the area.
Watch this “Ottawa Global Marketing Testimonial” Video to get a good overview of the industry and opportunities in Ottawa:
The greater Ottawa area is referred to as the National Capital Region (NCR) and incorporates Gatineau, Quebec. The area’s population exceeds 1.2 million, and about 37% of the population are able to speak both French and English.
Ottawa Job Postings:
- Maintenance Planner, Electrical
- Toronto – School Bus Driver – Toronto
- Burlington – School Bus Driver ( Part Time ) – Burlington
- Cornwall – School Bus Driver – Cornwall
- Markham – School Bus Driver- Markham
- Niagara Falls – School Bus Driver- Niagara Falls
- Financial Planner, Investment & Retirement Planning-Mandarin
- Scugog – School Bus Driver – Scugog
- Wiarton, – School Bus Driver – Wiarton
- Welland – School Bus Driver ( Part Time ) – Welland