In the Ottawa area many positions are held by workers in IT jobs and Government Jobs. Approximately 80,000 people are employed in high-tech careers.
Among the IT and high-tech employers based in the area are Nortel, Corel, Mitel, Cognos and JDS Uniphase, Adobe Systems, Bell Canada, IBM Alcatel-Lucent and Hewlett-Packard.
As the capital city of Canada, many federal government jobs are based in Ottawa. Public Service of Canada is Ottawa’s largest employer providing employment to more than 100,000 people. There is also a very strong business services sector, including the many hotels and restaurants that support the large numbers of government offices and workers based in the area.
Watch this “Ottawa Global Marketing Testimonial” Video to get a good overview of the industry and opportunities in Ottawa:
The greater Ottawa area is referred to as the National Capital Region (NCR) and incorporates Gatineau, Quebec. The area’s population exceeds 1.2 million, and about 37% of the population are able to speak both French and English.
Ottawa Job Postings:
- Financial Planner, Investment and Retirement Planning
- Live in Nanny
- Uber Driver Partner – Start earning today
- Uber Driving Partner (Choose your own hours)
- Uber Driver Partner – Earn money on your schedule
- Uber Driver Partner – Turn extra time into cash
- Uber Driver Partner (Choose Your Own Hours)
- Uber Driver Partner – Supplement Your Call Center Income
- Uber Driver Partner – Want to choose your hours?
- Uber Driver Partner – Supplement Your Delivery Income