A great number of Victoria jobs are held by workers in Government, Tourism, Hospitality, Business Services and IT Jobs. As the capital city of British Columbia, many provincial government jobs are based in Victoria. Employment in hotels and restaurants are a positive result of Victoria’s vibrant tourism sector.
Smaller technology firms also play a major role in the Victoria job market, with over 13,000 employees, mostly in IT jobs with Internet and software development businesses careers. The military and higher education facilities also employ over 30,000 people. Victoria is known as one of Canada’s preferred retirement destinations, mostly because of its temperate climate and calm lifestyle. There are also many health care, caregiver and medical jobs in the area.
Victoria is located in the southern section of Vancouver Island, off Canada’s west coast, and covers an area slightly larger than Belgium and slightly smaller than the Netherlands. Victoria has a population of more than 360,000 inhabitants. Another 400,000 people live on the northern part of the island. Many have employment with pulp and paper mills, lumber and forestry products companies, as well as in fisheries or in mining jobs.
This Video explores Vancouver Island and it’s industry and work opportunities:
Victoria Job Postings:
- Financial Planner, Investment and Retirement Planning
- Live in Nanny
- Uber Driver Partner – Start earning today
- Uber Driving Partner (Choose your own hours)
- Uber Driver Partner – Earn money on your schedule
- Uber Driver Partner – Turn extra time into cash
- Uber Driver Partner (Choose Your Own Hours)
- Uber Driver Partner – Supplement Your Call Center Income
- Uber Driver Partner – Want to choose your hours?
- Uber Driver Partner – Supplement Your Delivery Income