Winnipeg is Building and Wants You to be a Part of it!
Winnipeg’s manufacturing sector offers opportunities to those seeking manufacturing jobs and as primary production managers, supervisors, industrial electricians, welders & related machine operators and business management professionals.
Jobs also abound in the manufacturing sector, including jobs with furniture manufacturing giant Palliser Furniture, bus manufacturers Motor Coach Industries (MCI) and New Flyer Industries, aerospace companies Boeing Canada Technology and Bristol Aerospace, as well as food and beverage production companies.
Winnipeg is a major transportation hub, ideally located near the geographical centre of North America.
Many of Winnipeg’s other major employers are mostly involved in the financial services sector, led by Great-West Life Assurance and Investors Group.
Winnipeg has a Thriving Business Community and Great Entrepreneurial Spirit
As this video states: “Winnipeg, Manitoba is building to be the best city to live, work and play. Economic Development Winnipeg is working closely with our partners at The City of Winnipeg, The Province of Manitoba and the business community to grow our economy.”
Transportation sector employers include Kleysen Group LP, Arnold Bros. Transport Ltd., TransX and Penner International Inc., all of whom need to fill truck driver jobs and hire mechanics and service people.
Winnipeg is a city of approximately 750,000 people, and over half the population of the mostly agricultural-based Province of Manitoba. The city’s educational facilities are also major employers. They include The University of Winnipeg (U of W), University of Manitoba (U of M) and The Health Sciences Centre. Other major employers include Manitoba Telecom Services (MTS), Ipsos Reid and Nygård International.
Winnipeg also boasts a thriving arts community and is one of the least expensive places to live in Canada.
So Tell Me A Little More About Winnipeg
This video by Devon Gray highlights some of Winnipeg’s main attractions and things to do:
Winnipeg Employers’ Careers and Jobs List on JobsinCanada.com
Winnipeg Job Postings:
- High paying ESL teachers Job. | Tax Free |
- TEST JOB
- Auto Body & Collision Damage Repairer (310B), Ottawa, ON (#8344964)
- Automotive Chrysler Tech, up to $30/hr, southern SK (#8174865)
- 2 Chrysler Techs, up to $40/hr flat rate plus bonus, northern BC (#8140635)
- 2 Chrysler Automotive Techs (journey or app) $40/hr, southern SK (#5952560)
- Heavy Duty Mechanic, $39.97/hr, Red Deer, AB (#8076115)
- 310J Trailer Mechanics, Mississauga, ON (#7685591)
- Truck and Transport Mechanics (journey or app) (up to $39.50/hr), Lower Mainland, BC (#6325410)
- 3-4 Licensed Truck Mechanics, $32.50-$35.50/hr, southern Ontario (#6168623)